My name is Olga Severina. I am a Ukrainian born exhibition curator and a graphic designer residing in Los Angeles, CA.
One of my great passions is the art of a contemporary poster because I believe that a truly compelling poster has the power to change the world.
I fell in love with the contemporary poster after I obtained my Ph.D. in Visual Arts and I became involved with some of the leading poster and design competitions that encourage creative expression and environmental sustainability. The projects that impacted me the most were an International Eco-Poster Exhibition The 4th Block (Ukraine) and an International Graphic Design Biennale Golden Bee (Russia). Currently, I work for both poster exhibitions as the traveling exhibit curator in the United States.
I am a passionate promoter of the contemporary poster. That is why I founded PosterTerritory initiative – a take-off platform for graphic design campaigns and poster shows in the US and abroad.
Here are a few of my latest projects
- Co-organizer and curator poster competitions as Biophilia Poster Competition (2020, USA)
- Co-organizer The World After poster call (2020, USA)
- Bauhaus 100 (2019, USA)
- The World According to Love (2019, Australia)
- The New Winds – an exhibition of contemporary Iranian graphic design co-curated with Majid Abbasi (2018, USA)
- Rebranding The Russian Avant-garde (2014, USA)
- Eco Art: Graphic Design for Change (2013, USA)
- Eco-Deology: Cause and Effect (2012, USA)
I take a part of a jury in different International Poster Competitions worldwide
As a true disciple of the genre, I frequently take part in poster competitions and design expos that celebrate creative excellence in contemporary graphic arts.
See all posters
- Graphis Design Annual 2021 Honorable Mention
- COW Internation design festival, 1st place, (Ukraine)
- 5 Powerful Political Posters, Poster on Politics (USA)
- World Design Day 2020 (Mexico)
- Poster Biennial in Mexico (Mexico)
- International Eco-Poster Triennial The 4th Block Special Diploma (Ukraine)
- International Graphic Design Biennial Golden Bee (Russia)
- Warsaw International Poster Biennale (Poland)
- Mayakovsky 120 Poster campaign
- Strelka Design Festival finalist (Russia)
- Shut Up. Voice of Democracy in Danger (Slovakia)
- “Jan Rajlich 100+” International Exhibition (Czech Republic)
- 3rd Exhibition of Contemporary International Ink Design. Beijing Design Week 2020
- Jazz in Ruins Festival (Poland 2019-2020)
- 15th Poster Triennial Ecoplagat 2020
- 2020 KICD International Invitational Exhibition/ Korea
- Posters for Tomorrow 2020/ Fake News / Top 100
Published Books, Blogs and Magazines
I genuinely believe that a pen can be as mighty as an image.
- Poster Recipe series
- Articles for Design Toast AIGA LA blog
- Articles for Neshan Graphic Design Magazine
- Book. Environmental Poster. Origins and Evolution (2018, Russian)
- Book. Modern Eco-Posters (2012) co-authored with Oleg Veklenko
- Book. Ecological Tendencies in Modern Poster Art (2009) co-authored with Oleg Veklenko
In my professional life, I’m a graphic designer specializing in web design, identity and branding, multi-media marketing, UI/UX experience, stationery, and sales aids.
Art Director for “Personalities” Magazine
Design Director BrandCulture Company
Borderless Group member
AIGA Los Angeles contributor
WGD (World Graphic Designers) member
Poster Iran.com member
The 4th Block Association member
R E T R O A V A N G A R D A Gallery of Friends