My name is Olga Severina. I am a Ukrainian born exhibition curator and a graphic designer residing in Los Angeles, CA.
One of my great passions is the art of a contemporary poster because I believe that a truly compelling poster has the power to change the world.
I fell in love with the contemporary poster after I obtained my Ph.D. in Visual Arts and I became involved with some of the leading poster and design competitions that encourage creative expression and environmental sustainability. The projects that impacted me the most were an International Eco-Poster Exhibition The 4th Block (Ukraine) and an International Graphic Design Biennale Golden Bee (Russia). Currently, I work for both poster exhibitions as the traveling exhibit curator in the United States.
I am a passionate promoter of the contemporary poster. That is why I founded PosterTerritory initiative – a take-off platform for graphic design campaigns and poster shows in the US and abroad.
Here are a few of my latest projects
- Co-organizer and curator poster competitions as Biophilia Poster Competition (2020, USA)
- Co-organizer The World After poster call (2020, USA)
- Bauhaus 100 (2019, USA)
- The World According to Love (2019, Australia)
- The New Winds – an exhibition of contemporary Iranian graphic design co-curated with Majid Abbasi (2018, USA)
- Rebranding The Russian Avant-garde (2014, USA)
- Eco Art: Graphic Design for Change (2013, USA)
- Eco-Deology: Cause and Effect (2012, USA)
I take a part of a jury in different International Poster Competitions worldwide
As a true disciple of the genre, I frequently take part in poster competitions and design expos that celebrate creative excellence in contemporary graphic arts.
See all posters here
- Graphis Design Annual 2021 Honorable Mention
- COW Internation design festival, 1st place, (Ukraine)
- 5 Powerful Political Posters, Poster on Politics (USA)
- World Design Day 2020 (Mexico)
- Poster Biennial in Mexico (Mexico)
- International Eco-Poster Triennal The 4th Block Special Diploma (Ukraine)
- International Graphic Design Biennial Golden Bee (Russia)
- Warsaw International Poster Biennale (Poland)
- Mayakovsky 120 Poster campaign
- Strelka Design Festival finalist (Russia)
- Shut Up. Voice of Democracy in Danger (Slovakia)
Published Books, Blogs and Magazines
I genuinely believe that a pen can be as mighty as an image.
- Poster Recipe series
- Articles for Design Toast AIGA LA blog
- Articles for Neshan Graphic Design Magazine, where I explore the latest trends in visual expression
- Book. Environmental Poster. Origins and Evolution (2018, Russian)
- Book. Modern Eco-Posters (2012) co-authored with Oleg Veklenko
- Book. Ecological Tendencies in Modern Poster Art (2009) co-authored with Oleg Veklenko
In my professional life, I’m a graphic designer specializing in web design, identity and branding, multi-media marketing, UI/UX experience, stationery, and sales aids.
Borderless Group member
AIGA LA member
Poster Iran.com member
The 4th Block Association member
R E T R O A V A N G A R D A Gallery of Friends